Sunday, January 31, 2021

This Calls for a Celebration!

  

Die Cut Divas' challenge theme for this month is "Frame It." I created the frame for my card by die cutting an oval in a 4x5-1/4" panel of white cardstock with a Hero Arts "Nesting Oval Infinity" die. The design is based on the Wednesday Sketch Challenge #526 at My Favorite Things. I got the idea for the balloon bouquet from this card by Kristina Werner.

I used the round balloon images from Altenew's "Balloon Bunch" stamp set. I cut a 3-1/2" square of white cardstock, put it in my MISTI stamp positioning tool, & placed the first layer of the balloon in one corner. I stamped first with Lawn Fawn Ballet Slippers ink, rotated the cardstock, & stamped a second balloon with Altenew Soft Lilac ink. I repeated this with Lawn Fawn Peach Fuzz & Sunflower inks for a total of 4 balloons. I took another scrap of cardstock & stamped again with Hero Arts Tide Pool ink for my last balloon. Then I stamped the second layer for each balloon with Hero Arts Bubble Gum, Altenew Lavender Fields, Lawn Fawn Apricot, Simon Says Stamp Sunshine, & My Favorite Things Blu Raspberry inks. Because the balloon shapes in this set are simple, I didn't get the coordinating dies. So I fussy cut all the balloons.

For my background, I ink blended Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, & Spun Sugar Distress inks onto an A2-size panel of 140 lb. watercolor paper. I splattered on Champagne Gold & Light Gold watercolors from the Gansai Tambi Starry Colors set.
 
After I die cut the oval from my white panel, I placed the panel in my MISTI. I stamped the greeting, also from "Balloon Bunch," in Versamark ink & heat embossed it with Ranger Gold Super Fine Detail embossing powder.

I adhered my ink-blended background to a white card base, & tacked the frame piece down with a piece of painter's tape, just to hold it while I arranged my balloons. Once I had them placed like I wanted, I used a piece of Glad Press 'n Seal to pick up the balloon bunch as one unit. I added white crochet twine to the back of each balloon, using a bit of double-sided tape to hold the strings in place. I added liquid glue to the backs of the balloons & stuck them onto my background, then carefully peeled up the Press 'n Seal. I cut another piece of twine, & tied a bow around the balloon strings. To keep that secure, I added a small dollop of glue under the bow & clamped the strings in place with my cross-lock tweezers until the glue dried. Finally, I added my cardstock frame with foam tape, covering the ends of the strings, & glued on a few Darice Crystal sequins, as per the sketch.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet card - I love the soft colors. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Frame It" challenge. Arlene - DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun and festive, and I love the soft colors too. Thanks for linking up to our January challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! love the created background and soft colours of the balloons too. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project! The vibrant colors and that background is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!