Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Deck the Halls

  

I got the inspiration for this card from this one I saw on Pinterest. I have the same snowflake die, from Spellbinders' "2013 Snowflake Pendant" set (discontinued), so figured this would be a perfect time to use it.

I began by die cutting the snowflake from a paper from The Paper Studio's "Christmas Basics" 6x6" patterned paper pad. I positioned that panel onto a piece of white cardstock that I'd cut to the same size, & lightly traced the opening with a pencil, to guide my stamping.

I placed the panel in my MISTI stamp positioning tool, and used the penciled guidelines to place the jingle bell stamp from Sunny Studio Stamps' "Holiday Style" set. I stamped the different layers to build up what is a really realistic image. I used Memento London Fog ink for the base layer, and Hero Arts Charcoal & Black inks for the subsequent two layers. I also used London Fog for the hanger. I stamped the branch image from the same set multiple times across the top of the panel with Lawn Fawn's Noble Fir ink. Finally, I used a silver paint pen to draw a hook from the bell hanger to the branch.

I added my snowflake die cut panel to the white panel with foam tape. I mounted that to a green mat, and adhered my card front to a white A2-size card base. For the greeting, I used Lawn Fawn's "Deck the Halls" stamp set. I stamped it on a white strip with Noble Fir ink, and adhered that to my card.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. That looks great! That bell looks real. :-). Thank you for joining us at the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Stay safe and well.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You were selected as a TOP ROCKER at 613 Avenue Create for the week of November 29 - December 4, 2020! Thanks so much for your wonderful submission to our challenge! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!

    The 613 Design Team

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!