Friday, June 12, 2020

25


Christmas Card Throwdown currently has a sketch challenge. I created this card, inspired by the sketch they posted.

I chose Bugaboo Stamps' "Christmas Doodles" digital set for the images on my card. I actually only used 3 of the 4, omitting the snowflake. To determine the sizing of each image, I created a blank "canvas" in Photoshop that was the dimensions of a vertical A2 card (4-1/4x5-1/2"). I opened the 3 image files (I had previously "broken up" the set into individual images), and dragged each onto my canvas. I drew 2 rectangles with the Shape tool, to represent the panels in the sketch. I set my images to different sizes and arrangements, until they looked good. I did keep in mind the sizes of circle dies I have, so I could easily cut the circles out later.

Once everything looked good, I transferred the images onto a blank canvas, so I could print them. I used a laser printer to print them onto a panel of Strathmore Smooth bristol paper, as I knew I wanted to color them with my Tombow markers, and I didn't want to have printer ink that would smear.

After choosing a patterned paper from my scrap stash, I colored the images with coordinating colors of Tombow markers. I adhered a panel of kraft cardstock to my white card base, added my patterned paper panels to that, and die cut & glued down the image circles. The empty space in the bottom left corner bothered me, so I added five 5mm silver sequins there. To balance that out, I added 3 more in the top right. And that finished this relatively quick & easy card! :)

I'm also entering this in the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Andrea: This is a good 90 degree turn placement of the sketch! So very festive! The images remind me of wrapping paper! Thanks for participating at 52 CCT blog!--Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bright zingy colours! The kraft card provides a muted base to set them off. Thanks for joining in at the 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow do I ever love those colors! Great project Andrea!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!