Friday, February 24, 2017

Tend a Garden


I got the Altenew "Vintage Roses" stamp set & coordinating dies a few months ago, when they had a special package deal. I hadn't created a card with it, until this one. I was kind of at a loss for design inspiration, so I turned to Pinterest (my go-to site for such an occasion). I found this card, and decided to CASE the general design.

I stamped & die cut the roses & several leaves from the set. I didn't nail the stamp layering on all of the flowers, but I think they came out OK anyway. (I have since printed off the "cheat sheet" from Altenew!)

Using the 2 largest of Simon Says Stamp's "Stitched Circles" dies, I cut a ring from gold foil cardstock. I also cut a piece of pink patterned paper from my scrap stash with the largest "Large Stitched Rectangle" die from Lawn Fawn. I positioned the ring, flowers, & leaves onto my background, and, once I had an arrangement I liked, picked them up with a piece of Glad Press'n Seal. I applied Perfect Paper Adhesive to the backs of all my pieces, and placed them back onto my pink panel. I let the glue set up a bit, then carefully peeled off the Press 'n Seal. I had to add a bit more glue to a few pieces, but no big deal.

When the glue had dried, I placed the panel into my MISTI, and positioned my greeting, from Stampendous' "Thoughtful Wishes" stamp set. I stamped it with Versamark ink, and heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold embossing powder. I ended up having to stamp & heat emboss a second time, because I think my heat tool overheated the embossing powder the first time. The second time, I heated the powder from the back side of the panel, and that seemed to help. Once the embossing cooled, I adhered my card front directly to a white A2 card base, and this card was done!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Die Cut Divas' February challenge: "A Month for Using Red or Pink"
Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge: "Anything Goes"

4 comments:

  1. That stamp set is so gorgeous, and you've done a fantastic job with it! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so pretty, love the stamping and how you have arranged the flowers.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!