Saturday, March 19, 2016

Rainbow Birthday Card


A Blog Named Hero's current challenge theme is "Rainbow." I decided to make a birthday card to send in my next package to Send a Smile 4 Kids.


I stamped the "Painted Diamonds Background" by Hero Arts onto a piece of white cardstock with Versamark ink. I heat embossed that with Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder. When the embossing had cooled, I ran it through my die cutting machine with one of the Tim Holtz "Labels" dies by Sizzix. Then I blended Distress inks in Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, & Wilted Violet, going in rainbow order down the panel.

For the greeting, I wanted to do a chalkboard look. I cut a piece of black paper, and stamped one of the greetings from Simon Says Stamp's "Big Birthday Wishes" in Versamark, and heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder. I used Hero Arts' Unicorn White pigment ink on a sponge dauber to ink the panel to look like chalk smudges. After adhering the black panel to a white A2 card base, I used foam tape to pop my rainbow panel on the card, making sure the greeting showed through the die cut window.

I die cut balloons from 3 colors of shimmer paper using two of the dies from Lawn Fawn's "Party Balloons" set. I cut a piece of white crochet thread for each, and tied the strings around the bottoms of the balloons. I ran the strings through my fingers to apply a little Perfect Paper Adhesive to them, then wrapped them around the handle of a paintbrush to curl them. When the glue had dried, I removed the paintbrushes, and glued the balloons to my card front.

To finish, I added some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins, in the 4mm & 6mm sizes. I applied a drop of Silver Stickles to the center of each sequin, and my card was done.

I'm also entering this card in a2z Scrapbooking's March challenge: "Embossing."

20 comments:

  1. Very cute card for a wonderful cause!! Thanks for playing with us at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, love your colors, the layout and the beautiful detail! Thanks for joining the fun at A2Z!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at A2 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic background - fun card.

    So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love how you have used this background stamp and the cut out section. Looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun and bright card! Love the embossed background with the cutout in the center! Thank you for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking Supplies Challenge this month and Good Luck. We hope you join us again.

    Amy- DT
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  7. this might be my fave this month, so pretty! glad you joined in with us again at a2z, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the A2Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the rainbow of colors, so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!