Monday, July 6, 2015

Two More AnyHero Cards


A local Boy Scout troop that a friend of ours is kind of affiliated with has agreed to write thank you notes to our heroes overseas. I agreed to provide the (handmade) cards on which to write said notes. Twenty-five cards. Since I will have to ship my box of cards to Operation Write Home no later than July 27th, to get them there by the August 1st deadline, I'm going a little card-making crazy these days! LOL I even marked in my calendar how many weeks to my deadline, in one-week increments.

I created both cards using the same Operation Write Home sketch (B-15).


I began with this card by die cutting my focal piece, using dies from Spellbinders' "Carnival Dream" cut-fold-tuck set. I used 2 double-sided patterned papers from my scrap stash, one for the larger piece and the second for the smaller. Once I'd die cut and folded/tucked everything, I ran both through my Xyron Creative Station machine to apply adhesive to the backs. Then I adhered the smaller die cut to the center of the larger. I adhered that to a 4" circle I'd cut from orange cardstock. Finally, I put a brad through the center.

For the greeting, I used 3 stamps from the "Thanks" mini set by Simon Says Stamp. I stamped the whole greeting in Versafine Onyx Black ink, on a strip of cream cardstock.

I adhered a piece of teal cardstock to the front of my 4.25x4.25" card base, and adhered my greeting strip. I glued on the focal piece, positioning it so it would still fit in an A2-size envelope. And that finished this card.


For my second card, I did basically the exact same process. This time, I used Spellbinders' "Fascination" cut-fold-tuck die set for my focal piece, and a different stamp from the same SSS set to go with the "thanks." The smaller, center die cut is actually the same patterned paper as the smaller die cut in my first card, just flipped over. So, two more cards down, which brings my count of AnyHero cards to a total of 7. Just 18 more to go! :) Plus the others in the different OWH categories, to get a good variety. Whew!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome, Andrea! What a good idea for the scouts and very generous of you to supply the cards! :) These cards are great! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!