Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Happy Birthday Wishes


a2z Scrapbooking's challenge this month is "Anything Goes." I used one of the butterflies from Hero Arts' "Winged Friends" digi set for this birthday card, following the "Telescoping Image" tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com.

I chose Spellbinders "Labels Four" dies to cut my image. I die cut the largest shape from scratch paper, & scanned that into my computer. I opened that file in Photoshop, & used that to help me size my butterfly. Then I printed just the butterfly two times onto Canson XL Mixed Media Paper.

I colored both butterflies with my Inktense pencils, using a damp paintbrush to pick up the color from the pencils & apply it to my paper. When that had dried, I die cut the images, following the directions in the tutorial.

For the background, I cut an old piece of purple hibiscus paper (I think it was by The Paper Studio) to A2 size. I adhered that to my white card base. I cut 4 strips of pool colored cardstock, & adhered the 3 thinner ones to the background. I used Hero Arts Pool ink to stamp my greeting, from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' "Script Birthdays" set, onto the fourth strip, and adhered that in place. Finally, I adhered my die cut image pieces, using foam tape to pop up each layer. I think this effect is really neat, though I don't think it would work on a small image.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Andrea! Love your telescoping butterfly! I wanted to thank you also for the comment you left on the SNSS Blog! Your encouragement and following is such a blessing! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy, and you're most welcome! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful butterfly. So glad you joined us at A3Z Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I really love your butterfly! Thanks for linking up to a2z July Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful effect on the butterfly!! Thanks for joining in the fun at a2z.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!