Sunday, June 19, 2016

Peace Joy & Love


The theme for Merry Monday Christmas Challenge this week is an inspiration photo. I liked the idea of the greenery spilling out of the tea cups, but didn't have anything die- or stamp-wise that would work for the cups. So I made a mason jar from vellum, following this tutorial, and filled it with greenery & pine cones from the "Poinsettia & Pine" die set by Essentials by Ellen. I also used 3/4" & 5/8" circle punches to punch several "baubles" to help fill the jar.


After creating my mason jar, I die cut several pieces of greenery & berries from 140 lb. watercolor paper. I left the die cuts in the negative pieces, to help hold them in place while I colored them. I watercolored the greens with Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, & Peeled Paint Distress inks; the berries with Barn Door & Brushed Corduroy; and the pine cones with Brushed Corduroy & Vintage Photo. Once I got the color depth that I wanted, I set those aside to dry. I painted my circle punches, also from watercolor paper, with Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Barn Door, & Seedless Preserves Distress inks.

I created my background with patterned papers from graphic45's "Christmas Carol" & Echo Park's "Home for the Holidays" 6x6" pads. I lightly traced the outline of my mason jar onto the panel with a pencil, and used that as a guide for where to place my elements. Once I had everything glued down, I erased my pencil lines. I ran my jar through my Xyron Creative Station to apply adhesive to the back, adhered it in place, and glued a couple more berry sprigs at the bottom. I pierced holes on either side of the jar top, and threaded gold cording through. Finally, I tied more cording in a bow around the lengths across the jar.

I die cut a label from some tan cardstock, using one of My Favorite Things' "Blueprints 13" dies. I stamped my greeting, from Hero Arts' "Joy to the World," in Versafine Vintage Sepia ink, and added a heart from the same set with Hero Arts Red Royal ink to either side. I then adhered that to my jar. I added some detail with a white gel pen, and adhered my card front to a 4.5x7.25" card base. I finished my card by adding Star Dust Stickles to the berries and drew dashed lines around the label with a red glitter gel pen.

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges;

Through the Craft Room Door: "Anything Goes"
A Blog Named Hero: "Vellum"

4 comments:

  1. Pretty


    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Regards,

    TTCRD DT

    Mel Gee crafts {My Blog}

    Through The Craft Room Door

    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mason jar works perfectly for your pretty Christmas Floral arrangement, Andrea! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!