Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Easter Birdie


The deadline for Easter & spring-themed cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids is fast approaching. The general deadline is 3-4 weeks before Easter, so they have time to distribute them. With Easter being on March 27 this year, that means cards need to be sent within the next couple of weeks! I had made this card with a young girl in mind. This time I thought of an older child.

I used Sketch #SC552 from Splitcoaststampers.com for my design. I first printed the "Spring Bird" image from Bugaboo Stamps onto a scrap of 140 lb. Canson XL watercolor paper, After die cutting it with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles" die, I colored the bird with my Inktense pencils and a damp brush. I watered down some Broken China Distress ink, and painted the background with that.

I chose 3 patterned papers from my scrap stash, in colors that complemented the bird. I cut them to size, and adhered them to a piece of tan cardstock, which I matted with a piece of blue. I printed the greeting onto white cardstock, and cut that into a strip. Finally, I adhered the bird & greeting, and mounted the finished card front to a white A2 card base.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Send a Smile 4 Kids: "Easter or Spring Cards 4 Kids"
Simon Says Stamp's Work It Wednesday: "Use Something New" (new image)

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!