Saturday, July 7, 2018

Happy Birthday

Lesson #3 of My Favorite Things' Summer School is on "Repetition." I used the "happy" die from MFT's "Cause for Celebration" set repeatedly on my background, along with a "birthday" stamp from Altenew's "Birthday Builder" set.

I die cut the "happy" multiple times from the same peachy-pink cardstock I was using for my background panel, that I had backed with Stick It adhesive. I also cut it from a scrap of teal cardstock, also backed with Stick It. I stamped the "birthday" in Versamark ink onto a scrap of darker pink cardstock, and heat embossed with Recollections Snow Detail embossing powder. I had to repeat the heat embossing to get really good coverage. Finally, I cut the pink cardstock into a strip, and angled the left end.

I played around with the placement of the peachy "happy" die cuts on my background. When I had an arrangement I liked, I carefully picked them up one at a time, removed the adhesive liner from the back, and stuck it down onto my background. I repeated this for each die cut. I was also able to use a few pieces that I cut off that were overhanging on the edges to fill in some gaps. Finally, I adhered my birthday banner & the teal happy, and burnished all the die cuts to stick them fully to the background. I mounted my card front to a white card base, and I was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!