Sunday, February 19, 2017

Merry Christmas


The theme for Merry Monday Christmas Challenge this week is "Snowmen." I went through my (apparently vast) collection of digital snowman images, and came up with the "Birdies Welcome Snowman" from Dearie Dolls. For my design, I used Sketch #SC556 from Splitcoaststampers.com.


I sized my snowman scene in Photoshop & printed it onto a piece of Canson XL Mixed Media paper. I used my Inktense pencils to color it in, picking up the color from the pencils with a damp paintbrush and applying it to the paper. Since the image style is kind of playful, and the elements are mostly so small, I didn't do much in the way of shading. Once I'd finished coloring, I set it aside to dry.

For the background, I chose patterned papers from Lawn Fawn's "Fa La La" 6x6" pad (blue) and The Paper Studio's "A Very Merry Christmas" (cardinals). I cut them to size, and adhered them to a white A2 card base. Then I adhered my focal panel.

I used one of the greeting stamps from Simon Says Stamp's "Circle Sayings Holiday" set, adding a snowflake image from the same set to the center. I stamped that in Versafine Onyx Black ink onto a scrap of mixed media paper, and die cut it with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles SM" die. Then I inked around the perimeter with Stormy Sky Distress ink, just to add a bit of contrast.

To finish off the card, I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to glue some clear gems to either side of the focal panel. I also glued one in the center of the snowflake on the greeting. Finally, I glued my greeting in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!