Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Rainbow Thanks


The final challenge theme for My Favorite Things Camp Create (Session 2) is "Background Bonanza." Basically, stamp a background. I am in need of thank you cards, so I decided to create one for this theme.
I used MFT's "Abstract Art" stamp set for the swashes on my card. I placed one of the stamps in my MISTI, roughly in the horizontal center. I stamped it in Hero Arts Lime Green ink. I also stamped it on a piece of quilting template plastic, to help me position the rest of my swashes. I moved my panel up a bit, lining it up with the plastic sheet where I wanted my next impression, and stamped again with Hero Arts Pool ink. I continued in this fashion with Hero Arts Navy & Grape Juice inks. Then I scootched my panel down to get the upper images, in Hero Arts Red Royal & Orange Soda, and Simon Says Stamp Sunshine inks. I did have to trim 1/4" off the top of my panel, since my stripes weren't centered exactly in the end.

For the greeting, I applied Stick It adhesive to both sides of a piece of black craft foam. I removed the liner paper from one side of the foam, and adhered a piece of black cardstock to it. I used that to die cut my words, with MFT's "Many Thanks" & "Little Letters" (to spell "many"). I also die cut the word/letters from my stamped panel, using a dryer sheet underneath the cardstock to hold all the pieces in place.

I adhered a scrap of white cardstock behind the die cut opening in my panel, and then placed my greeting, adhering it to the cardstock scrap. I picked out the letter centers from the dryer sheet with tweezers, and glued them in place with tiny drops of Perfect Paper Adhesive. Finally, I burnished my letters to adhere them fully, mounted my card front to a white A2 card base, trimmed off 1/4" from the base to line up with the front, and my card was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!