Monday, June 27, 2016

Sweet Baby Girl


A Blog Named Hero's current challenge (ending tomorrow) is "Vellum." I decided to make a vellum card for a friend of my mom's who had a baby recently.


I used Sketch #219 from Operation Write Home as the basis for my design. I first stamped the polka dot butterfly from Hero Arts' "Butterfly and Flower" set onto a scrap of white cardstock, with Hero Arts Bubble Gum ink. I stamped the outline butterfly with Versamark onto a scrap of vellum, and heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I stamped the body next, again in Versamark, and heat embossed that. I taped the vellum to the white cardstock, lining up the images, and die cut them with the largest of Spellbinders' "Classic Ovals SM" dies. I applied small dots of glue with my glue pen to the back of the vellum, behind the embossing, and adhered it to the cardstock oval. After letting that dry, I put it back into the oval die, and used that as a template to poke holes around the perimeter. I used pink embroidery floss to stitch a blanket stitch around the image.

After stamping my greeting with Lawn Fawn's "Riley's ABC's" onto a piece of pink cardstock, using Stampabilities Bright Pink ink, I cut that into a strip. I also cut 2 patterned papers from the "Paddywack" 6x6" pad by Recollections. Because I was creating my card from vellum, I didn't want the adhesive showing through the other side. So I taped my patterned papers & greeting strip together as they would go on the card, and traced the outline onto a white cardstock panel. I cut along the lines with my paper trimmer, and created 2 additional panels.

Detail shot of focal image & cardstock liner
I cut a piece of Essentials by Ellen vellum to 5.5x8.25", and scored it at 4.25". I adhered my patterned papers & greeting strip to the front, and then adhered one of my white cardstock panels to the back side, covering the area from the patterned papers. I adhered the other 2 white panels to the inside & back of the card base. (The one on the inside gives a place to write a greeting.)

For the focal image, I die cut another oval from white cardstock, and glued it to the back of my image oval. Finally, I adhered it to the card front. I glued down 3 pink buttons from my stash, and this card was finished!

I'm also entering this card in Incy Wincy Designs' "Buttons & Bows" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. such a fun card. Thanks for playing along with the A Blog Named Hero Challenge

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!