Saturday, January 30, 2016

Merry Christmas


Merry Monday Challenge Blog has been having a "One Layer" theme this week. I created this card, based on a design by Darlene DeVries at Live Love Cards.


I masked off a diagonal section on the front of my card with Post-It tape. Then I stamped the smaller flower from the "Mondo Poinsettia" set from Essentials by Ellen several times with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, masking some of the flowers as I stamped. After removing the tape, I used my ruler and a black marker to draw a line on either side of my focal section. I colored the flowers with my Prismacolor colored pencils, blending the colors with Gamsol. Finally, I colored the background around the flowers with a green pencil, again blending with Gamsol.

For the greeting, I positioned the "Merry Christmas" from Hero Arts' "Joy to the World" set along the diagonal of the focal area. I stamped it twice (to get a good solid impression) in Versafine Onyx Black, using my MISTI to get precise placement. I finished the card by adding Diamond Stickles to the center of each flower.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Live Love Cards January challenge: "Pick Your Inspiration"
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #289: "Christmas"
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: "Anything Goes"
Through the Craft Room Door: "Anything Goes"
Craft Your Passion Challenge #296: "Anything Goes"

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful one layer card! Love the poinsettias and the Merry Christmas font! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool and I like your technique of making a fake layer and isolating a stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognized this design from Darlene. Beautiful job. Thank you for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully colored card...amazing depth you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful CAS style Christmas card, Andrea. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love this layout. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really interesting, eyecatching layout. It's a simple change from a sraight mask but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous Christmas card Andrea, a super design with a beautiful poinsettia panel and super sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Andrea, love the flowers! :) I could never decide on a design for this challenge and passed on it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!