Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Winnie & Bosko


I have two more Halloween cards to share that I made for Send a Smile 4 Kids. I kind of think I may have gone a little overboard with fall/Halloween cards for them this year, but I think that's OK!

My first card uses the "Winnie" witch digital image by Jane's Doodles (discontinued). I printed her on a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper, and colored her with Inktense pencils and a damp paintbrush. I used Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress inks in a watercolor fashion for the background.

I used patterned papers from Jillibean Soup's "Owloween Stew" (stripe) & Echo Park's "The Story of Our Fall" (pumpkins). I cut them to size, and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink, just to provide a little more definition. I adhered them to a piece of purple cardstock that I'd cut to 4.25x5.5". After adhering my focal panel in place, I cut 2 banners from green & tan cardstocks, and glued them behind a circle I'd cut from the same purple cardstock. I used a brad from Recollections in the center of the circle, then glued that to the card front.

For the buttons, I cut one of the "Buttons" dies by Impression Obsession three times from green cardstock. I threaded them with a rust-colored embroidery floss, then glued them in place. Finally, I mounted the card front to a white A2 card base.


Jane's Doodles' "Bosko" (also discontinued) is the star of my second card. My mom absolutely loves this image, and I do too! :) I cut a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper with Lawn Fawn's "Stitched Journaling Card" die, then printed Bosko on that piece, making sure the spider's line extended all the way to the stitching line. I colored him with Inktense pencils, to look kind of like our youngest cat, Barney. I painted the background with Broken China & Peeled Paint, and inked around the edges with Salty Ocean Distress ink.

I cut a strip of the same pumpkin patterned paper I'd used in my first card, and adhered it to a piece of blue cardstock. I adhered my focal panel over that. I die cut another piece of patterned paper from "The Story of Our Fall" with a Lifestyle Crafts "Nesting Scallops" die. I threaded a green button with rust-colored embroidery floss, and tied a bow. Then I glued that to the die cut circle, and glued that down to the card front. All that was left was to mount it to a white A2 card base, & I have 2 more cute cards for SAS4Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!