Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Miss Shoe


The current Essentials by Ellen Pin-sights Challenge has this photo for inspiration:


I decided to create a punny missing you card for Operation Write Home, inspired by the red, white, & blue colors. I also used Sketch #167 by OWH for my design.

I began by creating my background. I used 2 of the stamps in "Bokeh Dots" to stamp circles in Versamark on dark blue cardstock. I did the larger ones first, then heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder. I let that cool for a minute, then did the same with the smaller circle, heat embossing with Zing Rouge embossing powder.

For the focal piece, I first die cut a circle using a Spellbinders "Standard Circles LG" die. I used the men's shoes from the "Twelve Days" stamp set, also from the Essentials by Ellen line, for the image. I did a little stamp surgery, cutting away the "10" from the stamp. I did save that piece, as I can always mount the two images back together on a block, to stamp them as intended. I placed the shoes where I wanted them on the circle, and also placed the greeting, from the "12 Days Companion Greetings" set, in place. I picked up both with an acrylic block, and stamped them using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Finally I colored the shoes with colored pencils.

All that was left at this point was to assemble the card. I cut a strip of red cardstock, and cut one long edge with a pair of decorative-edge scissors. (Remember those oldie-but-goody tools? LOL) I glued that to one side of my background panel, so only about 1/4" of the strip stuck out. Then I adhered my background to a white A2 card base, and glued the circle on top. And this card was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!