Friday, May 22, 2015

What's New?

a2z Scrapbooking is having an "Anything Goes" challenge this month on their blog. I created this card, which I will be sending on to Send a Smile 4 Kids, for that challenge.

For my design, I turned to Operation Write Home's Sketch #229:


Rather than doing the circles & layers, I chose to use the stitched circle die from My Favorite Things' "Blueprints 15" set. After stamping a piece of kraft cardstock with Hero Arts' "Designer Woodgrain" stamp, using Colorbox Chestnut Roan chalk ink, I die cut the 6 circles.

I stamped 3 of the critters from Hero Arts' "Woodland Creatures" stamp set onto white cardstock, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored them in with colored pencils, using mostly warm grey tones, with touches of pink for the cheeks on the porcupine and squirrel, and the nose and ears of the raccoon. After gluing them in place, peeking out of 3 of the holes, I did end up blending the colored pencil with Gamsol on a paper stump, just so they wouldn't look quite so rough.

I had originally intended to have a critter peek out of each of 5 of the circles, with the greeting in the sixth. But I ended up not having enough critters, so after backing the die cut piece with a piece of darker brown cardstock, I replaced 2 of the die cut circles. I stamped the greeting, from "Woodland Creatures," in the remaining circle, and heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder.

After cutting a strip of patterned paper from my scrap stash for the border strip, I adhered that and the main panel onto a piece of tan cardstock. Finally, I adhered the completed card front to an A2 card base.

6 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love that you shared it in the a2z Challenge! GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-Ha Too cute!! I actually found a racoon just like the peaking out of my trash can last night! Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristina! Yeah, we have a couple of raccoons who hang around our place, too!

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!