Sunday, August 17, 2014

You're a Winner!


Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge blog's theme this week is "Scratched Up." I decided to take this opportunity to make a masculine card. I figure this would be perfect for a pre-teen or teenage boy!

I didn't use a specific sketch for this card. I started by taking a piece of brown Core'dinations cardstock, and embossing it with the Tim Holtz Alterations "Bubble" embossing folder. Then I took a sanding block, and sanded over the embossing, revealing the lighter core of the cardstock. I also took a distressing tool and roughed up the edges.

I stamped the greeting from this Simon Says Stamp set on a piece of vellum, using Versafine Onyx Black ink, and clear heat embossed that. I carefully tore the edges of the panel, and finally inked them with Walnut Stain Distress ink. To keep any adhesive from showing through the vellum, I ran it through my Xyron Sticker Maker machine, to apply an even coat of adhesive to the back.

I stamped the game controller from the same stamp set on a piece of white cardstock, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored it with colored pencils, and blended the color with Gamsol on a paper stump. I fussy cut the image, and "painted" around the edge with a black brush-tip marker, to blend it in with the stamped outline. I determined where I wanted the game controller and the greeting on the card front, and sketched 2 lines to look like wires going from the game unit. I poked holes along the lines, and then stitched with black embroidery floss. I glued the game controller in place and adhered the greeting panel.

I blended Walnut Stain onto the front of a white A2-size card base to act as a mat. Finally, I glued the embossed panel to the card base.

1 comment:

  1. Very grungy and perfect for a boy or man (who likes video games!). Great texture in the background! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!