Friday, August 29, 2014

I Thank My Lucky Stars


This is my second card for the "Ombre" challenge at A Blog Named Hero. I used the following sketch by Operation Write Home as the basis for my design:


As you can see, I made a few alterations. I left off the bottom right circle to have room for the greeting, omitted the left-hand strip, and die cut hexagons instead of circles. Other than that...!

I used a greeting and star from the Hero Arts "Year Round Sentiments" stamp set. I stamped the star 5 times onto white cardstock, using Versamark ink. Then I heat embossed them with Ranger Super Fine Detail white embossing powder. I die cut the hexagons, using one of Lifestyle Crafts' "Nesting Hexagons" dies, and blended Barn Door Distress ink over them, wiping the excess off the embossed stars. Then I set those aside while I worked on the background.

I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4x5.25", and stamped my greeting in the lower right corner, again using Versamark. I white heat embossed that, and then blended Distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, and Salty Ocean, to get the ombre effect on the background.

I nestled the bottom left hexagon next to the greeting, and then positioned the rest of them and glued them all down. I blended Barn Door around the edges of the front of an A2 card base, and then adhered the main panel to that. A quick and easy CAS card, that one of our overseas military heroes can use to send a thank-you note home!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes"
Operation Write Home/Our Daily Bread Designs August "Stars"

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking part in the ODBD/OWH Challenge! Love that ombre background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing ombre background! Loooove it! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic background - love this card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!